CMS Philly seeks volunteers for its main event on Friday May 1, 2020. We are seeking volunteers in the following capacities and roles.
- Assist in moderating Q&A during our virtual sessions [all day]
- Lead/Assist in one of the following open lab/workshop events:
- "Community Give Back" - helping people sign up/register for a platform-specific user profile/accessing the forums/slack/discord groups; helping people sign up/register for StackOverflow profiles; and identifying the ways they can give back; ideally- answering a question or committing a patch within an hour. [All Day]
- "Accessibility lab" - help run a cursory accessibility scan/review of a site; help users interpret the findings and identify possible fixes. [All Day].
- "Career Launch & Migrate workshop" - general resume review and interview prep workshop [All Day]
- Assist in monitoring for and answering general event questions on chat/social media [all day]
Volunteers committing to at least half a day worth of volunteer activiities get free admission to CMS Philly.
In order to help us coordinate, please take 2 minutes to complete our online volunteer survey.